Below are some lessons that God has recently been reminding me of that may be of help to some. These are in no particular order of importance or relevancy.
1. Consistency creates momentum.
2. Inconsistency breeds distrust.
3. Forgiveness allows you to move forward in both your head and your heart.
3a. Your head can't truly move forward without your heart.
3b. Your head will always follow your heart but your heart will not always follow your head.
4. Unforgiveness places you in a never ending loop of rehashing the same arguments and offenses.
5. Accountability is a necessary part of life. You need it.
5a. Hold those you are responsible for accountable or else you create monsters.
6. Even small steps in the right direction create progress over time.
7. Say what you're going to do and then do what you say.
7a. Only saying what you did after you did it robs you of credibility and the opportunity to truly celebrate.
8. Remember things as they truly were, not what you hoped they were.
8a. Remembering only what we want to remember prevents us from seeing where we screwed up.
9. The world doesn't revolve around you.
10. Be faithful to complete your part of the job and trust that God will take care of the rest.
Be encouraged and keep moving forward. -Andy